Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sprint Instinct GPS saves the day!

Leaving DFW airport headed for home only to discover I failed to print out reverse google map directions. Not a problem, just use the to destination instructions-backwards.

Yeah, not so much.

32 degrees, freezing rain, sun going down, ice on the trees and lost.
Not just lost, totally lost, and in the wrong part of Dallas.
Yeah, I have a map in the car, not going to stop here to use it though.
Then I remember....Aha!.....my new Sprint Instinct has GPS voice guided directions.
Didn't have the navigation set up (wasn't thinking I would ever use it)

So....while driving, activate the GPS account, (name & e-mail)-skip the tutorial, enter in my destination and.......voila! Instant Gps navigation.
Sweet!
On the phone appears a map, showing number of miles before I need to turn, a pleasant female voice gives prompts as I near the turn and all's right with the world.
At one point she (Ms. GPS) tells me there is congestion ahead, if I would like to avoid it press the traffic button. I would, I did and boom, right turn Clyde.
As I am taking my alternate route, I glance @ where I would have gone.
A sea of red tail lights as far as the horizon.
My current path? Congestion free!

Long story short: home safe and sound w/minimum stress.
Thank you Instinct!

As always,
froward1

FroWarD1.com
www.froward1.deviantart.com/
myspace.com/froward1

No comments:

Post a Comment